9.11.2010

2010 NFL Preview

My goal for my football preview is simple: do better than I did in my baseball preview.  I like to set the bar low.

AFC East: Patriots
AFC West: Chargers
AFC North: Ravens
AFC South: Colts
Wild Card 1: Texans
Wild Card 2: Jets
AFC Champions: Texans

NFC East: Giants
NFC West: 49ers
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Saints
Wild Card 1: Cowboys
Wild Card 2: Vikings
NFC Champions: Packers

DROY: Eric Berry
OROY: Ryan Mathews
MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Super Bowl Champions: Packers

No, I don't expect to be correct.  But I refused to pick repeats when possible to not call the repeat.  But I definitely wouldn't be shocked to see a Saints repeat.

1 comment:

  1. I have to completely disagree with you here Scott. I think the Packers are still a year away. I do not think that Aaron Rodgers, who is yet to win a playoff game, can take his team to the Super Bowl. I do not see it happening. I remember the knock on Tony Romo was that he had never won a playoff game, so I do not see it happening just yet for Rodgers. And I can't jump on the Texans bandwagon either. They have never been in the playoffs before so I find it hard to believe they can go to the big dance. I understand any team can get hot at just the right time and go, but they have no playoff experience at any key position on either side of the ball. And they would have to win three road games in the playoffs if things shake out the way you have the season going. I do see them as a playoff team, just not an AFC Championship team.

    This is how I see things going:
    AFC East: Patriots
    AFC West: Chargers
    AFC North: Ravens
    AFC South: Colts
    Wild Card 1: Texans
    Wild Card 2: Tennessee
    AFC Champions: Ravens

    NFC East: Giants
    NFC West: Whatever team finishes above .500
    NFC North: Packers
    NFC South: Saints
    Wild Card 1: Redskins
    Wild Card 2: Vikings (Same record as Packers)
    NFC Champions: Packers (Over the Vikings, as painful for it is for me to admit. Farve + Lambeau + January= bad news.)

    DROY: Eric Berry
    OROY: Jahvid Best
    MVP: Chris Johnson

    Super Bowl Champions: Ravens

    The AFC South is the new NFC East. The rest of the conference is just so-so. The Bengals are the only other potential playoff team in the conference but they will probably implode. The Jets would probably make the playoffs if Santonio Holmes wasn't suspended, Mark Sanchez was any good, or Braylon Edwards did not suck.

    ReplyDelete