5.12.2012

After quite a long hiatus, I've decided to get back into the blogging game.  This time I intend to make it permanent.  As you can see by the posts below, it's been quite a long time.  I shall briefly recap 10 things that have happened in the world since I last posted, since now 90% of what's on this blog is outdated:

1. Christopher Hitchens died of esophageal cancer.  Ordinarily here I'd write "RIP" but I'm not sure even he would want that given his ardent commitment to naturalism all the way to the death bed.

2. The Lions no longer suck.  The Mariners still do.  The Twins suck again.

3. I'm no longer a member of the NEA, thank God.

4. My 2010 NFL predictions sucked, but I did call the Super Bowl winner right.

5. My baseball predictions were even worse.

6. Tim Tebow and Jeremy Linn became national sensations like no one ever thought possible.

7. Politics blows like never before.  There is apparently not a single charismatic, principled, and electable conservative in the country.

8. We killed Osama Bin Laden!

9. Here is a list of favorite shows of mine that have been cancelled since last I blogged: 24 (well...barely after), The Chicago Code, House, The Finder, Awake, The Event.  There's probably more I'm not thinking of.  So frustrating.

10. I obtained my masters degree and moved to Missoula, MT.

And with that everyone's caught up and I'll get back to blogging.  I plan to update my links and blogroll.  Topics will still be generally all over the place.  I will try to keep the posts going at a rate of at least one each week, but occasionally I'm sure I'll get frisky and do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment